Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ODBD May 2013 & OWH Sketch #171

Hello all and thank you for visiting my little space on the web. It's been a busy and crazy few weeks with my daughters first pet being a few gerbils who gave birth to 8 babies after only owning them for 36 hours, multiple doctors appointments for the kids, my son's poison ivy and that same son with a trip to the ER for a suspected broken thumb after playing dodge ball. Thankfully it wasn't broken. 

In fact, I was in the middle of making this card when my husband asked me to take a motorcycle ride with him to enjoy the bit of sun we had yesterday and when I returned 30 minutes later I was met with the black and blue swollen thumb so I headed to the ER last night and then finished this card this morning before work.  Oh and one more fun thing...While we were in the ER the hospital announced a code red and requested everyone stay where they were and that stairways and elevators were in lock down. It stayed that way for about 40 minutes with repeated announcements about staying where we were etc. Not sure what was going on but clearly it wasn't good. Thankfully my son and I were safe and we left the hospital unscathed.

Whew...Now on to the fun stuff...the card!
This month's Our Daily Bread Challenge is for Missing You cards and so I decided to combine that challenge with this weeks sketch. I realized in looking back at my previous cards that I don't tend to use the Cricut characters on my cards. Not sure why because they always make a card look so cute. So I decided to pull out my "Create A Critter" cartridge and look for a little guy to put on these cards.
171

Materials:
Cricut Cardtridge Create A Critter Owl set at 2 1/4 inches
Bazill card stock Bittersweet chocolate, Naval Orange, Yukon Gold & Teal
6x6 Pad Fine & Dandy patterned paper
Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder
Martha Stewart Border Punch Ribbon Loop
Sentiment on word document
brown ribbon

I hope you enjoyed my cards. Please leave comments below on this post or any other post on my blog. I love to here you thoughts and suggestions! I was busy this weekend with crafting other things as well. My anniversary was on the 5th so I made a cake and a card for my husband. I'll be posting that next so look out for it.   Don't forget to follow me and I'd love to follow you. I'm always looking for inspiration you know, so I'd love to see what you've been posting too! oh and before I forget...go make something beautiful today!


2 comments:

Marlene Diefendorf said...

These cards are adorably cute, and I love what you did with the sketch. Cute colors and I love the star embossed background with the star paper. The owl just adds to the cute factor.

Missy said...

Owl miss you - love it. thanks for joining the challenge.