Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Using my Tools # 4- Honeycomb Hexagon

Hello! I'm so glad your here. Thank you for taking the time to pop in and see what I've been creating!

For this card, I Chose to use am image from a cartridge I haven't used in a very, VERY long time. Accent Essentials. Hexagons have been the new rage recently. I recently bought Tim Holz Honeycomb embossing folder and a Hexagon stamp from a set by Geo graphics. Well, it occurred to me that before I buy a honeycomb punch to coordinate that I may have a cit file already on one of my Cricut cartridges. 
I used some ribbon and a dollar stamp I purchased at Michaels Art & Crafts and the patterned paper comes from what little I have left of my Echo Park Everyday Eclectic 6 x 6 paper pad. I was so glad when it dawned on my to make tis card using this cut file. I have very little and I mean very little scraps left of this paper pad and hexagons set at 1.25 inches were perfect for this card. I have enough to make a few more duplicates that I'll send off to our heroes through OWH


I hope you enjoyed viewing my card and are inspired to make your own clean and simple card using something from your stash that's been neglected. Comment and let me know what you've neglected from your stash.  Have a great day! and don't forget, go make something beautiful today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nice papers...great eye candy, very nice card.

Kathy said...

Love your card. Isn't it great when you can make an entire card with what you have in your stash? I was a quilter before becoming a card-maker so I have lots of (quilt embellishment) ribbons and trims neglected in my stash.

Jen M said...

Nice job using your stash!

Kristie said...

Very fun card! Those busy patterns are just perfect for the cut hexagons. Great idea for using up some scraps.