Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Using My Tools Thursday # 19- My Precious Child, I love you

Hello, I am so glad to showcase todays card. Although, it's design is simple and the embellishments are few I just love the serine feeling of this card. I'm also entering this card in the Penny's Paper-Crafty &  Crafting By Design Challenge this week "Anything Goes"
I picked up this stamp a while ago when it was on sale. I don't typically buy wood block stamps just because they are so expensive but I just fell in love with this one. It's by Inkadinkadoo #95201. I used patterned paper from the 6x6 My Minds Eye pad called Stella Rose and combined it with Bazil Lagoon and a purple cardstock I bought at ACMoore.

I knew I needed a simple design because the stamp is so large. I found Mojo Monday #191 5/16/11 sketch and turned it on its side for this card. I highlighted just a portion of the sentiment to bring it out and mute some of the white space. I think it added just the right touch.
I used embroidery floss and these embellishments I made myself. I took some jewelry beads and placed them on an earing finding, glued them in place with a little jewelry glue, cut to length and bent the ends. This is much cheaper than buying those stick pins in the scrapbooking store. lol

I so hope you enjoyed this Thursdays post and come back to join me on my Scrapbook Saturday and Card Making Monday posts. Have a great weekend, feel free to leave a comment below letting me know your favorite part of this card and please consider following me today and if you do I'll post the link to your blog on my Feature Friday post! BTW, Check out this Saturdays post for some Blog Candy! Now....it's your turn. Go make something beautiful!


No comments: