Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

UMT- Teal Feathers Notepad cover

Good Morning! So for today's Using My Tools Thursday post I chose to pull out some embellishments that were hiding away in boxes and drawers. I used them on a homemade notepad cover with coordinating notepad and pen. I made this one for my mom. She loves the ocean and so I thought she might like the teal color. I originally was going to use some seaside stickers but once I pulled them out I felt it just didn't work so I went hunting in my stash. The whole purpose of Using My Tools posts! Yea!!
I hope you enjoy. You can find the tutorial I used to make this Notepad cover under my tutorial tab.

I found the image on line using a google search for vintage photos. I made sure to use ones that did not have a watermark or come from a site that looked like it might be copyrighted. I used an R.S>V. Pen from Staples in order to add my matching patterned paper to the pen.

Here's a close up of the embellishments.

I also added some sequins  and clear gems for added bling.
and here's the inside coordinated as well with the patterned paper.

this was lots of fun and I made a few more so I'll be sharing those along the way over the next several months.

Products:
Bazzill card stock-Rain
RSVP Pen
Wild Orchid Flowers
Bazzill card stock-Lily Pond
Patterned paper- Me & My Big Ideas -Fashion District 12 x 12 stack
ribbon
metal embellishment for my stash

I hope you enjoyed my post and find time to try this project yourself. I think it's a nice project to personalize and you could certainly use your own photos. Maybe some of the kids or pets.

Have a fantastic Thursday and I hope you find the time to make something beautiful.....

Thank you to my followers for always checking out my latest creation and Thank you if your visiting. Please consider following me. If you become a follower I'll send you a shout out my next Feature Friday post and link your blog so others can visit you too. Oh and how could I forget--you'll be entered in my BLOG CANDY drawing.  Next drawing when I reach 250 followers!!!!!
( Unfortunately, there are some who have not posted in the comments or sent me the link to their blog in an email. I will not be hunting for your blog so if you don't post your blog address I won't be able to link it up)

Challenges:



3 comments:

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Lovely vintage card, love the colours thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love all the embellishments that you used. Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD!
Http://snippetydodah.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Sara
TTCRD DT
FP3 {My Blog}